A Tully Review: Vienna and Salzburg Hotels
Brand: Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.
Date: March, 2016
- Austrian Airlines – non-stop YYZ to Vienna
- great service and food
- lie flat business class, comfortable seats that you can adjust firmness of cushion, and massage option
- award winning movies, large tv screens
Hotel Bristol, A Luxury Collection – Vienna
- Best hotel location in Vienna
- Right beside the Opera. The opera has a show almost every day for those who are interested, and switches every day.
- In April/May and Sept, the opera projects their live shows on the outside of the building, and you can see this from your balcony at the hotel
- Very authentic Austrian décor/design/feel
- They do have a few more modern rooms/suites for those who want a more modern feel, and this location.
Hotel Imperial, A Luxury Collection – Vienna
- The building used to be a palace, very grand looking.
- State officials would stay here. Very Historical
- Beautiful hotel, was recently refurbished, gorgeous grand staircase
Le Meridien, Vienna
- very modern look, very artsy
- business and entertainment clientele
- new hotel owners
- lobby and main level will be redone over the next few months, and then rooms will get done very soon
- rooms are nice, light wood furniture, beds are very low
Goldener Hirsch, A Luxury Collection – Salzburg
- Michelin star restaurant – had an amazing meal here.
- Best location and most popular hotel for the music festivals
- Lots of stairs and confusing layout, but you are led to your room when you arrive
- The furniture and décor was pink furniture and bedding and drapes, and green floors, and light wood furniture. Country home feel
- Nice location, 10 mins from old town
- Really nice club level, voted one of the best club lounges for Sheraton
- Right next to a park where some of the Sound of Music was filmed
- Only saw a junior suite, it was very nice, and great view.
Schloss Fuschl, A Luxury Collection – Salzburg
- Amazing resort and spa
- 30 mins away from Salzburg
- Beautiful property, lake cottages available, water activities (canoes) available down by the water
- The Spa is lovely, sauna and steam rooms and relaxation area away from the pool area.
- They have an outdoor area with fur blankets to snuggle up and enjoy the view.
- Rooms are gorgeous, definitely book a Grand Deluxe room because of the view!
- My favourite was Hotel Bristol, that’s just my preference. I felt it was authentic Austrian. It had a little French balcony and was a large room.
- The Sound of Music tour in Salzburg was ok……I think it depends on the guide. You seem to drive by a lot of the major sites, and not actually get out. Everybody loves the movie, but then it gets ruined by the guide saying, “well that didn’t actually happen…” ….I know a lot of people love this tour, so it may have just been my experience.
- Visited a place called Hangar-7 in Salzburg, owned by Red Bull (Red Bull is from Austria! And headquarters is across the lake from Schloss Fuschl resort). Really cool venue! Has a collection of airplanes, helicopters, race cars, etc. all with Red Bull logos. And some nice places to eat here.
- Had an Amazing private tour of the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna, with the Art Director. He was very knowledgeable, and shared stories about the pieces in the museum. Was really cool. And the museum was voted as one of the most beautiful museums in the world by Conde Nast.
– The Tully Team
Explore our Experiences
We design life-enriching travel experiences to the most unforgettable destinations in the world, providing our clients with exclusive access in a unique and authentic way. Whether you want to cruise the world in splendor, take an unforgettable African safari or create a magnificent travel experience exclusive to you, we have the unsurpassed knowledge, expertise and impeccable service you require.
A private lunch on the Great Wall of China? Golfing on a glacier? A private audience with one of Japan’s last remaining Samurai? We create “WOW” moments and take you beyond anything you’ve ever imagined.
The hiss of steam, the sound of a whistle… rediscover the romance of rail on a glamorous train journey. Whether you travel through Europe, Asia or South America, there is nothing quite like the magic of trains.
A safari is the answer when you need a little soul renewal. Be inspired by Africa’s spectacular scenery, exciting wildlife, rich cultures and exclusive lodging on a life-changing safari, crafted exclusively for you.
See the world while only unpacking once. Sail the seas in complete luxury with our elegant Ocean Voyages and relaxing River Cruises. We will ensure every detail of your trip is seamless and memorable.
Our one-of-a-kind industry relationships across the globe allow us to curate any experience you wish. Contact a Travel Designer to discuss how Tully Luxury Travel can take your dream and turn it into a reality.
Follow Us on Instagram