The heart of modern, cosmopolitan Israel, Tel Aviv, with its vibrant nightlife and excellent restaurants, will delight you. The ancient port city of Jaffa, perched on a cliff above Tel Aviv, will be one of the most memorable parts of your trip, with Levantine mosques, historic churches, ancient clock towers and a wonderful range of museums, galleries, restaurants, and bars.
- Enjoy a city tour of Tel Aviv including Rothschild Boulevard, Neve Tzedek neighborhood, and Ayalon Institute, the underground ammunition factory
- Stroll Tel Aviv’s markets where locals bargain for measures of za’atar and sample olives at countless wine bars • Travel north and visit Caesarea with an archeologist
- Drive to Haifa and visit Mt Carmel and the beautiful Bahai Gardens with its exquisite temples
- Continue on to Acre, a UNESCO world heritage site and visit Rosh Hanikra
- Overnight at the Setai or Norman Hotel
- From Tel Aviv, depart for the Golan Heights and tour the area with a combat soldier
MASADA AND PETRA
Fact: your trip simply will not be complete without visiting Masada, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This ancient city and fortress perched atop a secluded plateau east of the Judaean Desert overlooking the Dead Sea is one of the world’s truly magnificent, awe-inspiring historic sites. Less than two hours from Jerusalem, book a car and guide for an exceptionally enriching day. Don’t miss a visit to Petra, the ancient archeological and UNESCO World Heritage Site also known as the Rose City for the warm color of its limestone.
- Enjoy a power gliding experience over Masada and spend a few nights at the fabulous Beresheet Hotel set on a cliff at the edge of the Ramon Crater in Mitzpe Ramon
- Enjoy a Private Tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world
- Overnight in Aqaba and visit Mamluk Castle, famous for a WW1 battle led by Lawrence of Arabia
- Stay overnight in the luxury tented camp Wadi Rum
– The Tully Team