An Insider’s Look: Chile
Itinerary: 11 Days, 10 Nights
The world’s longest and thinnest country, Chile is a land of beautiful contrasts. In the north lies the driest desert in the world; in the south, immense glaciers crawl slowly over the wind-swept Patagonian terrain. Adventure, great food, and excellent wine abound, and the warm and hospitable people are eager to welcome travelers into their homeland and into their hearts.
Day 1: Santiago
- Santiago is a dynamic and contemporary metropolis located in the heart of Chile’s fertile central valley. Chile’s capital is a vibrant city full of character, with a thriving arts culture, trendy restaurant scene, and lively nightlife. Embraced on all sides by mountains – the mighty Andes to the east and the smaller coastal range to the west – on a clear day Santiago boasts one of the most incredible city views in the world.
- Visit the city’s important historical sites: a panoramic vista of the city at the top of Cerro San Cristobal Hill, and one of Santiago’s most famous museums, La Chascona. Former home to beloved poet and Nobel Laureate Pablo Neruda.
Day 2: Wine & Valparaíso
- Pass through the lush agricultural valley of Curacavi and the renowned Casablanca Valley. Visit the Catrala Winery, situated in a small, breezy, foggy microclimate of Orozco.
- Valparaíso is Chile’s main port and known for its bohemian, artistic vibe and lovely vistas. Visit the downtown sector and learn about the history of “Valpo”, one of the first Chilean cities founded by the Spanish.
Day 3 – 6: Tierra Atacama, San Pedro
- Picturesque San Pedro de Atacama stands as an oasis in the midst of the world’s driest desert, where geological evidence suggests that certain areas have never experienced rainfall. Relaxation and active exploration combine for an exceptional stay at the adventure hotel and spa Tierra Atacama. There are excursions to suit everyone: biking, hiking, stargazing, horseback riding, and other cultural experiences.
Day 7 – 11: Torres del Paine
- Torres del Paine National Park, declared a UNESCO Biosphere reserve in 1978, offers some of the best trekking in South America. Dramatic mountain formations, including the black sediment-topped Cuernos del Paine (Paine horns) and the three jagged “towers” for which the park is named, are sure to be some of the most unforgettable sites of any trip. The park bursts with vibrant green forests, blue glaciers, turquoise lakes, roaring rivers, and steep escarpments. Winding trails lead hikers through multiday circuits exploring one of the last frontiers of secluded, unspoiled natural beauty.
– The Tully Team
Explore our Experiences
We design life-enriching travel experiences to the most unforgettable destinations in the world, providing our clients with exclusive access in a unique and authentic way. Whether you want to cruise the world in splendor, take an unforgettable African safari or create a magnificent travel experience exclusive to you, we have the unsurpassed knowledge, expertise and impeccable service you require.
A private lunch on the Great Wall of China? Golfing on a glacier? A private audience with one of Japan’s last remaining Samurai? We create “WOW” moments and take you beyond anything you’ve ever imagined.
The hiss of steam, the sound of a whistle… rediscover the romance of rail on a glamorous train journey. Whether you travel through Europe, Asia or South America, there is nothing quite like the magic of trains.
A safari is the answer when you need a little soul renewal. Be inspired by Africa’s spectacular scenery, exciting wildlife, rich cultures and exclusive lodging on a life-changing safari, crafted exclusively for you.
See the world while only unpacking once. Sail the seas in complete luxury with our elegant Ocean Voyages and relaxing River Cruises. We will ensure every detail of your trip is seamless and memorable.
Our one-of-a-kind industry relationships across the globe allow us to curate any experience you wish. Contact a Travel Designer to discuss how Tully Luxury Travel can take your dream and turn it into a reality.
Follow Us on Instagram